Wednesday 5 March 2014

OUGD505 - Studio brief 1 - Yurt research book sketches

OUGD505 - Studio brief 1 - Yurt research book sketches

Using my research into my chosen subject, I have been trying to come up with a few ideas of how to present it in my research book.

Because I know my strengths are definitely NOT in layout and editorial design, I have been trying my very hardest to come up with ideas that detract from my not-so-sharp layouts. Different features include different laser-cut elements, materials and stock.




Here I am trying out lots of different layout designs just for the first page. I am struggling to find decent imagery of yurts, as I have never visited one and there are only candid photos available online, it seems so I may have to resort to illustration.


I want to create a pattern that would continue throughout the book and keep the theme consistent.




Here I am exploring different types of binding for my book. 




I wanted to create the front cover from the first three pages which would be staggered to show the layering of materials and textures needed to create the suitable insulation of a yurt building. 







This spread features a fold out page with a laser-cut shanyrak design. I also want to include an illustration and freehand lettering.


Based off one of the patterns found in my research, I created this pattern with the hope of incorporating the shanyrak design.

No comments:

Post a Comment