Tuesday 4 December 2012

OUGD405 - Research into dance routines

Researching into Routines

Our group, consisting of J'nae Saunders, Ellen Setterfield, Dan Everitt, Ewan North and me, got given the research task of looking into different routines. We had to give each other a sector of routines to look at, without really knowing which direction we would have to take it into for our designs.


At first, I assigned myself 'trust in routines'. This was the thought that lots of people depend on the routines of others to live their daily life. Such as the bus drivers routines, the paramedics routines, the routines of a fast food restaurant.

Although this was quite an interesting route to go down, I thought that it would be a little bit too hard to research into, since it wasn't necessarily very visual. 

So I then chose dance routines.

I looked at dance mats at home and at the arcade, street dance, salsa dance, famous dance routines like the cha cha slide, american indian rain dances, cultural dances, iconic dances like in saturday night fever and different ways of displaying this.

From this I created 3 mood boards; one about primary research (I found from conducting a survey), secondary research from all the stuff I had found on the internet, and a third compiled from all the ideas I could use to take forward into the next stage, whatever that may be!




I really liked the idea of creating a booklet or a publication all about different dances in different cultures, but having it all completely different from different contexts on each page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment