Tuesday 3 December 2013

OUGD504 - Design for Print - Final critique

OUGD504 - Design for Print - Final critique

I have not quite finished my work, however, I took part in a final critique today, which was anonymous.

Here are the questions I asked:


  1. What do you think about my choice of stock for the big circular design?
  2. Do you think that this is a feasible product?
  3. Your general comments on the overall design - be as honest as you can!
  4. Do you think that the mismatching colours are a problem? Did you notice before I pointed it out?
1st person:
'I think that the aesthetic of the design is really appropriate to the concept and the construction. The colour combos and fonts work well with the patterns and composition. The navigation and usability is a little confusing, though. I found it hard to access info on particular areas without having to get used to the product first. I think it's an engaging concept that is fun to use but falls down somewhat on the logical organisation of information. Also consider what info is included - is more needed to fully understand print?'

2nd person:
'**Flourescent > Fluorescent**
  1. I think it is durable but would like to see it folded to see if any white would show.
  2. As an information pack it is unique, it still answers the brief, there is a list of processes and how to do them, to an extent.
  3. As a feasible product on the market, I don't think it's obvious what it is at a glance... Maybe if it was in a 'box' and had clear information about print, then you have to fold the structures yourself, it would make the product more 'hands on' and 'fun'.
  4. I think that it is very feminine and for a target audience of 16-20's - slightly arabic?!
  5. I didn't notice, but now it has been drawn to my attention it maybe does lack some consistency.
3rd person:
  1. 'Stock works very well with the type and colour choices
  2. Different approach to the brief than others which makes it engaging but may not be informative enough - the content is enjoyable but not sure it fits the 'info pack' criteria.
  3. Can see from the prototypes that it is feasible and looks like you have thought a lot about the construction.
  4. Design is well constructed but you may not have spent enough time on the content - it looks like a game but if the content was more informative it would work in your favour in this context.
  5. Didn't notice the mismatched colours and think they work well and compliment each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment