Tuesday 22 April 2014

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 2 - Critique session 22nd April

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 2 - Critique session 22nd April

I was regrettably very unprepared for today's critique session on our current studio brief, having made little progress in the past few weeks on my work and bringing a few tatty sketches to the session, so I knew I would not be able to get very valuable feedback.

Here are the sketches I brought to the session:




Here are the questions I asked:


  1. Are gold/ silver foils appropriate for the branding of a spa resort if the theme is all natural?
  2. Can you suggest any ways I can have sustainability in my products whilst still keeping them luxurious?
  3. Can you pronounce the chosen name? ( Koryem)


Here are the answers from these questions:

Question 1
"I think that the gold and silver will look swanky"
"If it is upper class, it will be clear. "
"Yes but if the background was black it wouldn't look natural.. How about a green?"
"Yeah the foil would work, could also try using green foil on black or grey- only because green reminds me of natural things"
"Yes but what would your stock colour be? Antique gold foil looks really nice on white stock"
"I love gold, always looks nice in foil. It will add a hint of class to the traditional feel."
"I think that the gold and silver foils are appropriate, depending on the background/ stock colour. If stock is white/ cream then the metallic and light combination will look clean and pure and therefore communicate the all natural element"
"If the foils were applied in limited amounts consistently across your range I think it would be appropriate"

Question 2
"You could use a silverish thread?"
"Could use dissolvable shower gels, refillable containers, recycled materials"
"I don't know a lot about sustianable materials - sorry! Although I do like the idea of a cork lid for the toileteries"
"Re-fillable products, recycled products. Could consider designing the sign that you get on the doors"
"preservative free/ natural ingredients - have a look at the Body Shop"
"Re-fillable, organic etc."
"Eco friendly/ organic products are often more expensive and so could be seen as upmarket anyway, apply some slick branding to ecofriendly products and I believe you'll have the desired effect"

Question 3
Everyone seems to write the word correctly in terms of pronunciation so I think that I feel comfortable going with this name!

Considering how little I brought to the session I was humbled and encouraged by my feedback, I am very grateful for everyone to be so understanding of my lack of preparation! I now need to step up a gear, take on my feedback comments and pull this project properly together!


No comments:

Post a Comment