Thursday 9 January 2014

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web - Final crit

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web - Final crit

After presenting my work today, I found that I didn't really recieve much feedback at all:

Strengths:
-blank-

Areas for improvement:
'having lanyards at the start of the route'

Considerations:
How would you hand out lanyards - could add logo to balloons?

Additional Comments:
-blank-

***

My response to this feedback was that it doesn't matter to me where along the route that the lanyards are distributed, as this is additional to my exsisting plan of users buying them from Waterstone's. If this were a real event, I would deem it more important, but it doesn't at this current time.
Also, how I could hand out Lanyards is an additional thing, and doesn't really give me much insight to my current designs.

I have decided not to act upon anything discussed in the crit, as it wasn't the answer I was looking for, and have no time to do additional work, but to just improve upon the work I have already created.

But in this critique I was questioned about my audience, and it was re-instated that this would most appeal to families and children. This was not my intended audience, but it's the one that would have reacted to my work and gone to the event, and the current style of the work doesn't appeal to them.

***

When I was presenting to the group, I came to the realisation that my collection doesn't really work as a set. I decided that I needed to change the appearance from the photographs in the background to something else - as this format is only working on the Adshel poster designs.

The fonts on my collection are also not really working, there are too many and only one really suits my target audience. I need to adopt a colour scheme and incorporate some different fonts and cut back on the ones I already have.


No comments:

Post a Comment