Friday 3 January 2014

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web - Logo design development

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web - Logo design development


I want the logo design for 'Around the world in 80 Stories' to incorporate both a posh, Victorian style with an approachable, fun vibe that will appeal and inspire all audiences.
I think it is most appropriate to keep the design circular, so it is easier to apply to a range of ephemera:


I decided to go to with the bottom right hand design, so it wasn't too complicated, because the rest of my artwork was going to be very elaborate.


I started off with a 100mm by 100mm square, and '80' in Sanscreek regular font.


I then drew a double ring around the lettering for the banner.


I added the title around the edge and the date of event - at this moment I was still deciding on typefaces. This one wasn't wide enough and so wouldn't translate well if reduced in size. 


Once I had decided on typefaces (changed after the first placement on the map design) It was clear that I should use the widest one for around the edge. I added 2 mini banners for around the '80' using the fun, bold typefaces that is threaded throughout the project.
In this image it is black and white intended for the original idea that the atwork would be overlayed over a photograph.

The logo now appears a little different on each piece regarding colours, but remains consistent otherswise.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your creative post. I really like this beautiful logo. A logo is very important for any business brand, even when you print your business card, business logo is the most important thing that you should add. Find the best business cards printing near me in Perth and design your business card today.

    ReplyDelete