Wednesday 8 January 2014

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web - Bookmark designs

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web - Bookmark designs

Like my map and book token designs, I am going to start by scanning in my sketches:



With the same techniques as the book tokens in terms of typography, I start to put together my design.


Following my sketches, I place the illustration accordingly.


I am contemplating changing the script font I have been using, as it doesn't really compliment the my other fonts, especially 'Desigers Bold' as it is neither playful or Victorian style.

Here I am trying other fonts:




 I decided to go with Mission Script (the first one) because it is chunky and playful yet still script-like.

Applying the same techniques as the token and poster designs I completed the bookmark designs:


The finishing touches of the broken borders was added: 


I haven't decided just yet if I am going to leave them black on white, or whether I am going to add a photograph in the background or add colour!






No comments:

Post a Comment