Wednesday 8 January 2014

OUGD504- Design for Print and Web - Shop window design development

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web - Shop window design development

Some of the sponsored shops en route I envisioned having window displays celebrating the event. Shops such as Waterstones (supposed provider of the book tokens) and Tesco (much like Sainsbury's sponsoring Red Nose Day) I wanted to have themed window designs.




I start off with this image because it is large and easy to see the whole of the window:


This helps me to determine my size:


(of course I will 'skew' my design properly once finished to fill the perspective.





As I follow my sketch, I realise that this particular slogan doesn't make much sense!

And so I use one of my other ones I suggested in my ideas.


Using the same details from all the other designs, I start to go over and digitise my sketch.



One of the features, the swirls from the hot air balloon Adshel poster is added.




I ungroup all of the components and fashion a new but similar design that fits this composition more easily.



The finished swirls.


I then mirror the swirls using the flip vertical tool in 'Transform'.



And add the finishing touches to the text, and add stars to keep consistency in the designs.

I am now going to add the classic Victorian pointed finger:


I find a good image on Google to use, so I resize it and place it into position.


Not to be one for plagiarism, I go over the parts with the pen tool, not including all of the elements so it doesn't look too similar.


I then delete the image.

I then go around tidying up the pointed finger, adding appropriate strokes where necessary.

I put it into place.


I then highlight both the adjacent text and the pointed finger, and make sure they're centralised as a pair.



I then convert the whole design to white, which is the colour it will be on the window. I quickly add a black background to check the design for any blemishes.

The design is finished!


Taking the design into Photoshop for window mock-up



Opening up the shop window design in Adobe Photoshop now, and I add an appropriate background, similar to the Adshel poster designs. I do this with the polygon selection tool, making sure that I go around the book display. I add a drop shadow.




I make the image look a little duller and not so vibrant, to make it look more realistic.


I also add a slight Gaussian blur inline with the quality of the rest of the photo.


I then add my window design, and 'skew' and add perspective using the Transform tool.


I then add the appropriate drop shadow to add realistic depth.


In real life, I would expect that the window design would be fully visible because it is 3D and the user will see it from several angles as they walk past. In this image, however, the background interferes with the design, so I add another layer below filled with grey...


...and turn the opacity down so the window design is clearly visible.



I duplicate the window design layer and turn the opacity down to give the impression of a double glazed reflection. Finished!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post. It is very useful. I like this post very much. If you want to advertise your business brand widely, adshel posters in Sydney are the great way. These are the outdoor posters that should be made more colorful and unique for better attraction.

    ReplyDelete